380 Rector Place, Office 18C, New York, NY 10280 +1 212-587-9665
+1 212-587-9665

Meta: No Record of Marriage Certificate is an official government issued document which proves that you are not married.

No Record of Marriage Certificate

Whether you are getting married or applying for a foreign visa, you might need to provide an official statement from your government agency in regards to your marital status, also known as No Record of Marriage Certificate. It does not matter if you never been married, divorced or widowed, if you are single right now you qualify. Depending on the state where you reside the document may be issued by different levels of government: State or County. Unfortunately, in the United States the nationwide certificate is not available.

The main purpose of the No Record of Marriage Certificate is to show that you do not have any marriage record in the state or county where you reside by the means of conducting a search of all marriage records. Such search can be performed from the date you became able to marry legally or from the date of your latest divorce.

In general such document is valid in a foreign country for the period of three (3) to six (6) months. However, it is best to confirm with the foreign authorities beforehand, in case your country is one of the exceptions.

To obtain the No Record of Marriage Certificate you will need to provide the following information:

  • Full name as in your passport (or birth certificate)
  • Date of birth
  • Copy of a valid photo ID (In some cases your ID must be issued by the same state where you are trying to obtain the certificate from)
  • Signed and notarized authorization to release the document (in case a third party is obtaining the document for you)

Personal Documents

Legalization Documents